Social Media Intern
theAOinsight Group is seeking a motivated and savvy Social Media Intern. This is an unpaid internship and requires approximately 15 -20 hours per week, with a flexible schedule. We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts, learning the ins and outs of the industry and how to make social media a productive part of overall marketing efforts.
Intern should be on track to receive a degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality, Business, or a related field. Intern must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to an audience, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Intern’s overall role will be in assisting to formulate social media plans, developing content, and executing accordingly. Must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
- Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow; ask pertinent questions
- Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds
- Basic video editing skills are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication; strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software is preferred
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience with proofreading and editing
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Adriana at theAOinsight@gmail.com, subject line theAOinsight Internship, followed by the position you are applying for.