Salary: Paid / Open
Start Date: October / November 2020
theAOinsight Group is a full-service communications, digital media, marketing, professional development, and design firm with clients ranging from small businesses to non-profits and municipalities. The firm is seeking a Communications Assistant to work closely with our tight-knit team in all aspects of digital marketing strategy. We are looking for a candidate to contribute their skills, ideas, and creativity to our team. The Communications Assistant will support a full suite of digital media content creation, distribution, and strategy efforts. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to an audience, but cultivating long-lasting relationships that build community and provide value. Must be able to measure and document the impact of social media through in-platform analytics tools, and suggest action-steps to increase impact. Part-time and full-time position available, mostly remote work, with attendance at events, meetings, and other activities for social coverage.
- Content development
- Creating and managing new pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Curating and uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like client pages
- Writing and posting blog posts, tweets, etc.
- Tracking growth and impact of social media campaigns
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Basic video editing and graphic design skills are a plus
- Building newsletters
- Creative, concise communicator with excellent writing and storytelling skills
- Interest in and knowledge of social media networks and management
- Comfortable “crunching numbers” to report on campaign impact
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and MailChimp
- Experience with Google Drive, WordPress, Canva, and/or Photoshop a plus
- Able to work independently, juggle multiple assignments, and maintain deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism preferred
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and writing or social media samples to Adriana at email@example.com. Include subject line Communications Assistant, followed by your full name. Deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. on November 15, 2020.